Monday, September 24, 2012

Wineglass Marathon Blogger Role Call...

Anyone out there running Wineglass this weekend?????

Team Crazy Canuck 2009 Wineglass relay
It's my 3rd time running a Wineglass race....1st as part of a relay team with HID & Thing 1 in 2009....I ran the middle leg. It was the longest I'd ever run. 9.1 miles seemed like FOREVER!


My all time favourite 'crazy lady' running picture!
Last year I ran my 1st Marathon there!  It pored rain, I panicked in the morning...it was still one of the most AWESOME & INCREDIBLE experiences I've ever had.

This year, Wineglass will be my 3rd Marathon. There is still a part of me that can't believe that I can do this.  I am continually amazed that I can not only DO this....but even more so that I LOVE it!  I remember way back when Oprah ran her marathon and thinking "well, that is one thing I know I will never be able to do".  I love the new me :)

2011 Wineglass Marathon
If any of you are running Wineglass too, I am excited for you.  My little hometown marathon has become a pretty big thing here.  I know you will have a great time!

So if you are coming, maybe we can meet for a photo before the race starts?  I will be by a giant tree near the back of the pack with my hot pink socks & purple shoes....if you dare to be seen with me & my outfit, stop on by :)

Oh, and for those of you for whom my 'crazy lady' picture isn't enough laugh for you today.....I went out for an easy 5K this morning with my lululemon tutu running skirt on backwards and didn't figure out what was wrong until I was almost done! Yup, that desperate for a run after working 12 on/12off for 3 days, I just laughed and kept going!




10 comments:

Rachelle Q said...

So excited for you! Good luck and have a great time:)

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I might have to put the Wineglass Marathon on my bucket list, since I'll probably never get in to the NYC one! Good luck! I have my half in 13 days and I am incredibly anxious about it.

Anonymous said...

I did the Wineglass Marathon last year and LOVED it, despite the rain, it was soo great! I'm doing ti again this year! Let's meet up at the start!! I will start with the 4:10 pacer.

Jose said...

You'll do awesome this weekend!

Funny that after doing one marathon, you either hate or you fall in love!!!

The Unexpected Runner said...

Thanks! Enjoying the day is what it's all about for me :)

The Unexpected Runner said...

NYC would definitely be an experience...but it's too pricey for me! Wait til I show you the Wineglass swag! I just got a sneak preview & it's fab!

The Unexpected Runner said...

I'm going to start with the 4:40 pacer but we should definitely meet up! Yay!

The Unexpected Runner said...

Thanks!!!! Got to go work on my playlist now! Need some fresh tunes!

Ransick said...

That is awesome that not only can you run marathons, you actually love it! Have a great race this weekend.

Jamie said...

Yes! We will be there, hopefully we will see you at the start!