Friday, October 3, 2014

Back on the grid....

I've been away a while. Kind of a post-half-Ironman funk. After Musselman I just ran & biked for fun...mostly just doing whatever I felt like for as long as wanted barely acknowledging that I had a fall marathon. 

So what have I been up to since then? Did a sprint Tri in August in Rochester. SD & Thing 1 came away with AG awards! I PR'd my sprint distance time. It was fun to have that weekend with our big boy because....

After that we sent him off to college (heart happy & breaking at the same time) 

I've been volunteering with The Wineglass Marathon this year. Basically, if your waterstations are messed up its on me.....but I think we are in good shape! This was interesting.  I had no idea how much work went into organizing water stations! I have 875 volunteers on the course Sunday! 

So as a result, I have decided to just run the Wineglass for fun only. I'll visit with my volunteers along the way and just have a good time. Sunday might end up being my slowest marathon ever but this year I am happy to simply be blessed with the ability to take on 26.2 miles with minimal training. I am thankful for so many things & these running legs continue to amaze me. 

Marathon #7....let's do this...