Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From balmy to snowstorm & back again...

What a week it has been!  Last friday, it was pushing 60 degrees and I was out in shorts & loved it SOOOOO much! Mother nature must have heard me because she said 'hold it, sister...don't get used to it' when she dumped a foot of snow overnight sunday.  Sigh.  Don't mind running outside, but until the plows have their way, its either off to the gym or nothing.  Decided to mix it up a bit and got on the bike instead on monday.  The gym has these Expresso bikes...anyone ever tried them?  They are killer & I did 9.5 miles of hard hills and I thought my butt was going to seize up! lol!  Good workout though....and good for the gluts, which an article I read stated that runners have underdeveloped gluts & this is the source of many injuries....Well, I don't know about that, I've seen my booty & it doesn't look underdeveloped to me...but ok....whatever gets me to the finish line in October.

Got back outside yesterday. Sure didn't break any land speed records (Turtles of the world - Unite!!! :D), but I got some ok mileage in before heading back to work tomorrow. I decided that I'd take it easy and just do what I could without regard for time this week since I'm still a little sniffly from last weeks plague.  VERY excited to tell you that today I broke the 70 mile mark for the month!!!!! Now, I'm thinking that if I can get away from all the company coming this weekend, I might be able to break 80 for the month! Think I can do it?  I'm so close I can taste it! 

2 comments:

Victoria Elizabeth said...

Don't you just love the drastic changes weather can throw at us!

The Unexpected Runner said...

It's crazy....giant snowstorm followed by instant thaw. Spring can't come soon enough!