Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From balmy to snowstorm & back again...

What a week it has been!  Last friday, it was pushing 60 degrees and I was out in shorts & loved it SOOOOO much! Mother nature must have heard me because she said 'hold it, sister...don't get used to it' when she dumped a foot of snow overnight sunday.  Sigh.  Don't mind running outside, but until the plows have their way, its either off to the gym or nothing.  Decided to mix it up a bit and got on the bike instead on monday.  The gym has these Expresso bikes...anyone ever tried them?  They are killer & I did 9.5 miles of hard hills and I thought my butt was going to seize up! lol!  Good workout though....and good for the gluts, which an article I read stated that runners have underdeveloped gluts & this is the source of many injuries....Well, I don't know about that, I've seen my booty & it doesn't look underdeveloped to me...but ok....whatever gets me to the finish line in October.

Got back outside yesterday. Sure didn't break any land speed records (Turtles of the world - Unite!!! :D), but I got some ok mileage in before heading back to work tomorrow. I decided that I'd take it easy and just do what I could without regard for time this week since I'm still a little sniffly from last weeks plague.  VERY excited to tell you that today I broke the 70 mile mark for the month!!!!! Now, I'm thinking that if I can get away from all the company coming this weekend, I might be able to break 80 for the month! Think I can do it?  I'm so close I can taste it! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love the drastic changes weather can throw at us!

The Unexpected Runner said...

It's crazy....giant snowstorm followed by instant thaw. Spring can't come soon enough!