Sunday, February 27, 2011

I love it when it all comes together!!!!

A truly awesome feeling run is a rare thing for me.  Sure, I have plenty of good runs (& plenty where I think death would be sweet release :s) but to feel the groove where my feet are clipping along at a faster pace than I planned & feel like I can sustain it over the course of my run is truly a gift for me.  I woke up this morning early, said goodbye to my in-laws who are headed back on the road in their quest for the Florida sun, drove my dear husband to the airport (where he gets to go to the Florida sun for a conference...sigh), launched the teenagers outside to shovel the driveway & threw on my gear.  Mother nature, in her typically manic depressive way lately, dumped another foot of snow on us friday & 4" overnight....THEN hiked the temp to the high 30's this morning.  That's close enough to Florida sun as I'm getting, so threw on the running gear (no toque, yay!) and headed out.  Got to the 3k mark at my usual 11 min/mile pace and started to feel my groove & picked it up a bit.  Thought I'd see if I could do a couple kilometers of speed intervals.  Well, I hit the 6k mark striking around a 9:50 -10 min/mile pace & feeling warm, not bogged down by extra layers....decided to go for it.  Finished the 10K in 1:04:48!!!!!  Felt GREAT!  One of these days I'm going to break the 1 hour mark, but I'm shedding time bit by bit and I'm excited!!!! 

Also, I'm happy to report that I've logged 88 miles this month....my most yet!  Maybe, just maybe, 1000 miles is within my grasp for this year?  I don't know, but todays 6.2 were groovy :-D

Come on spring......

No comments: