Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good Morning! Hot Enough For You????

I ran 2 mornings in a row.  This is out of the ordinary for me as I do NOT like getting up early on my days off.  It's bad enough I have to rise at 0500 on workdays.  So this definately cuts against the grain.  However, given the weather the past few days it was either get up early or not run since running midday in 90% humidity & 90+degree weather is not particularly compatible with life.  Interestingly, I have had a couple revelations....

I have discovered that
  1. Morning people are happy people.  REALLY happy.  Seriously happy.  They are all grins & "Hey! Good Morning".  I am a grunting, point me in the direction of coffee morning person ;D
  2. Morning runners comment on the weather.  "Hot enough for ya?"....uh no, please crank it up a notch would ya? 
  3. Crap! I like that my 9 miles are done & I have the rest of the day.  Damn...I didn't want to like it.  Maybe it will cool off soon.
So, what are you?

4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I am NOT a morning person, but I am a morning runner. Love that feeling of being done with a run before I am usually even out of bed.

Cari Mugz said...

I love morning runs too... I feel great when they are over!

Caroline said...

morning for me!!!
have to be out the door by 8:30 max

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Totally a morning person. Up at 5:30am every day, workout in the morning (anywhere from 8-11am) and get it done. I've never been one to sleep in, even as a teenager.