Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Just a quick shout-out to my fellow Canucks today...especially the ones celebrating on their own in communities around the world! I will be starting my day with a little shakedown run in preparation for the TRI tomorrow...and yup, if biking to the ice cream store is cross training, you bet I'm ready! Actually, I've never been this fit going into a Tri despite the short lead time thanks to all the miles I put in over the winter so I'm happy to just go out there and enjoy it...not trying to PR, just enjoying Thing 1's first TRI experience. Though I have to say that I plan on trying to beat him since it may be my only opportunity ever...he is growing & getting strong! (I figure I need to be 10 minutes up on him going into the run or I'm toast!) lol!

Any of you race with your teenagers? Do you try to beat them or do you run with them?

1 comment:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

If I could GET my kids to run, then I would beat them! I'd say if my son could figure out how to play PS3 and run at the same time, he would, but he wouldn't even WANT to!