Wednesday, August 24, 2011

5 1/2 Weeks to the Wineglass Marathon

Counting down the days...and long runs to M-day.  Tomorrow is my 2nd 20 miler....another 16, a 3rd 20 and then we're tapering!!!  Changing it up a bit and in order to motivate my ass out of bed early have arranged to meet a neightbour in the wee hours of the morning.  She's only doing 3, but committing to meeting her will (hopefully) get me up and moving. I'm going to get a 3 mile headstart on her, loop around, pick her up and hoping the first 6 miles will fly by unnoticed ;)

Where did the year go??????? Starting to freak out!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, interesting how our plans are different -- my plan only has me doing ONE 20 miler! Hope I'll be ready too! Good luck as you finish up your training!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Getting closer ... that's exciting!!! You'll do great, good luck with the remaining long runs.

The Unexpected Runner said...

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the support I get from the blogoshere!