Monday, August 22, 2011

Mixed Feelings...

Do you ever have a run that was both good & bad?  I did today.  It was really strange.  It was great because the weather was perfect....felt like fall here with the sun shining & a cool breeze that didn't sap the will to live from me for a change!  It was great because my overall pace was 10:20 & I KILLED 2 of those miles with 9:38 & 9:52 splits.  Seriously, my feet were turning over like I was Fred Flinstone heading home for dinner ;-D!  I felt fast & light!

Here are my splits:
10:42
10:26
10:42
10:25
9:38
9:52

But bad because I had to stop not once but TWICE (TMI moment coming on...feel free to stop reading here) for potty breaks! Really. On a lousy 6 mile run I had to make pitstops twice.  I hate that!  What if this happens during the marathon?  Yesterday was 6 weeks to the Wineglass Marathon & I am having periodic anxiety attacks about my ability to not only finish it, but to be able to run and enjoy it without having to look for a place to stop multiple times.  I have another 20 on deck this week...

Oh, and a HUGE shout-out to Michael @ Slowly Tri-ing http://slowlytri-ing.blogspot.com/2011/08/oops-i-did-it-again.html who PR'd another sprint tri!
Happy Running :)

1 comment:

Christina @ The Athletarian said...

You will be able to finish it and if you have to stop it's OK!!!!!

Honestly though, I am a chronic pee-er and I didn't have to go once during my marathon. Probably because all of my internal liquids were on my clothes from sweating so much! Now that's TMI.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

http://www.theathletarian.com/2011/08/giveaway-time-my-new-bible.html