Friday, March 28, 2014

Registered!!!!! 70.3 Here I Come!!!!!!

I finally did it! It took a while and lots of encouragement to finally click that 'register' button...but I did it! I'm going to attempt to become a Half-Ironman at The Musselman Triathlon in July!!!!
1.2 mile swim/56 mile bike/13.1mile run!

I am excited & scared.  I am comfortable with the swim & run, but the bike scares me.  I'm still not sure I can make the bike cutoff.  I have a lot of work ahead of me.  Any tips, suggestions on how to bike faster are welcome! I need to bike 56 hilly miles in less than 4 hours as I project that my age group will be one of the last waves.  My longest ride has been 40 miles & that took me 2 hours 47 minutes.  Yes, I have some work cut out for me.

Ironically enough, today's Runners World Quote of the Day was:

"If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try"

So here I go!!!! 15 weeks to race day!

Oh & the funniest comment on my fb wall was from my mother who asked "what's involved in this marathon?"   She is so sweet. I love her!


4 comments:

One Crazy Penguin said...

I signed up for my first 70.3 this year, too! Good luck to you!

Jamie said...

Yay!!! So exciting!! We'll be doing the sprint the day before :)

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Ransick said...

Congrats! Time to start riding 3-4x per week building the long one on the weekend. Get a bike trainer too so you can ride indoors when the weather is bad. Get a big fan and cover your bike with a towel so you don't sweat all over it.

Michael said...

This is awesome! I honestly don't think you'll have any issues with the bike cut off. I agree with all that Mike said above. Feel free to contact me with any questions...I'm certainly no pro, but I've at least been through the 70.3 once before and I have another one in June. I just need the weather to cooperate now so I can go ride outside!!