Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What A Difference A Week Makes....

There's still an ice dam in the river...but there's no snow anywhere else!
You can't miss me on the road in this get-up ;)
Last week at this time, I was required to don 17 layers of clothes just to travel from my car to the gym. Then, I was required to mount the dreadmill & suffer through relatively short runs while alternating swearing in my head & praying I didn't fly off the end of the sucker! Today, in yet another fickle mood swing by mother nature, the temperature is in the 60's F (16C, for my fellow metric peeps ;)) & I went out for a long run in my skirt, t-shirt & a light jacket.....wtf?????  Yes, that's right, 17km (a bit over 10 miles) and I was HOT! That's right....wore too much kind of hot mess when I was done hot! But I'll take ANY day like today...even with the spring smell (you all know what I mean...worse than a teenage locker room) rising out of the snowbanks.

Happy Running!






6 comments:

Rachelle Q said...

Lucky!! So glad you didn't have to suffer a treadmill run like me:)

Suz and Allan said...

The weather has been so crazy. It was nearly 70 yesterday and tomorrow it's freezing again.

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

I STILL wimped out and ran 4.5 on the dreadmill. I go through phases, and right now it's a "run inside and watch the sh*tty weather unfold outside."

Coy Martinez said...

That first picture is cracking me up! Where is all the freaking snow anyway?? It's all dammed up hahaha!

I was on a website yesterday looking at some running clothes but couldn't decide on anything because the weather has me constantly confused.

Anonymous said...

This week's weather was a tease! We had freezing weather on Monday and then I was able to run in t-shirt and shorts on Tuesday - sunny 60+ degrees! Lovely! Can't wait for spring!!

Sara said...

Where did you get your socks? Love the color.