Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Three Things Thursday

I don't usually have 3 things to talk about On Thursdays but today I do so here goes:

My Mum sent me these awesome socks. They are officially my new favourite apres-running sock!

Please ignore my best friend, the slow cooker.
This just proves Bad Kitty has no taste...I found him sleeping with his head in Thing 2's dirty track shorts and socks.  Anyone remember that song from Friends..."Smelly Cat"....yeah, that's him.
He is irritated I disturbed him

Trail Buddy lent me her 7 year old daughter's goggles to try.  Apparantly I am 'child sized' because I did 1000 yards in the pool today in comfort! Slight leakage, but nothing I had to stop for and best of all NO HEADACHE!!!! Now I just have to find the exact same kind to buy.
Best Goggles Eva!!!
Oh, and today I totally rocked my speed workout! 5 miles: warmup, 2x1600 @ 9:23 pace with 800 jogs, cooldown.  Hit my speed miles @ 9:17 & 9:10 plus another half mile @ 4:45.  Then did a strength class (where I was able to hold a 2 minute plank...may be a new record!) & swam.  Good well rounded day.

Happy Running!

6 comments:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

He's his lobster! LOL

Kate Geisen said...

Woo hoo! I love a good speedwork session!

Jose said...

I got all happy... then I realized it's still Wednesday :(.

Great speed workout!!!

Coy Martinez said...

I love those socks! I'm a big sock fan in general though. The more colorful and fun, the better. Have you seen those Reebok 3-pack socks that they sell in sporting goods stores that are super bright!? They're my favorite.

I tried to find you on Facebook but failed. I'm sure it's user error on my part. If you want to friend me next time you're on there, I'm Julie Coy Martinez :)

Great job on the speed work! AND, finding non-leaky goggles.

Ransick said...

Is that cat a Maine Coon? We have one and he is really laid back but needy. He likes my wife to carry him around like an infant :-).

Anonymous said...

My dog does that too. He sleeps on top of the nasties things!! :)