Friday, October 3, 2014

Back on the grid....

I've been away a while. Kind of a post-half-Ironman funk. After Musselman I just ran & biked for fun...mostly just doing whatever I felt like for as long as wanted barely acknowledging that I had a fall marathon. 

So what have I been up to since then? Did a sprint Tri in August in Rochester. SD & Thing 1 came away with AG awards! I PR'd my sprint distance time. It was fun to have that weekend with our big boy because....

After that we sent him off to college (heart happy & breaking at the same time) 

I've been volunteering with The Wineglass Marathon this year. Basically, if your waterstations are messed up its on me.....but I think we are in good shape! This was interesting.  I had no idea how much work went into organizing water stations! I have 875 volunteers on the course Sunday! 

So as a result, I have decided to just run the Wineglass for fun only. I'll visit with my volunteers along the way and just have a good time. Sunday might end up being my slowest marathon ever but this year I am happy to simply be blessed with the ability to take on 26.2 miles with minimal training. I am thankful for so many things & these running legs continue to amaze me. 

Marathon #7....let's do this...

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hope your marathon went well, this year the weather looked amazing!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raya Resmana said...

Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once
menu makanan sehat dan buruk untuk organ hati