Thursday, January 12, 2012

BODYROCK Kicked My Butt!

I thought I was fit...then I Bodyrocked :-s


As part of my total body conditioning goal to increase strength and more specifically core strength I visited the Bodyrock.tv Website that Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem talks about all the time. It appears they are in the middle of a 30 day challenge so I flipped back to day 1 & did the fit test. It was sad. Not only is my lack of coordination starkly evident, but I was huffing and puffing worse than when I did a 1 mile sprint at the gym as part of a contest last year. I felt like a 300 pound elephant. Take my word for it, it was NOT pretty. 7 minutes had me panting. Seriously.

I previewed tomorrow. It is 12 minutes....I'm thinking of having 911 ready on speed dial before I start.

I'm convinced that if Bodyrock doesn't kill me it will indeed make me stronger in a compact, time conserving, very painful manner.

Oh, and I ran 5 miles after. 5 very slow miles. I think I overdid it yesterday. My right shin was painful the first 4 miles, then settled down. Not sure what's up with that but I'm watching it carefully.

5 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

I did the fit test last week and my lungs were still burning the next day. With that in mind, I went ahead and unleashed it on my boot camp class before their regularly scheduled workout. Bwahahahahaha!

Jamie said...

I've seen Bodyrock mentioned a lot on pinterest, it looks like it is intense! I might give it a try sometime soon.

Ransick said...

I haven't checked out bodyrock but I did join an extreme fitness class at my Y. My friend Patrick put it best. "I can lay down a solid week of tri training yet be ready to cry 10 minutes into a boot camp type workout".

XLMIC said...

Bodyrock....hmmmm...I may be checking that out. I could use a good cry :P

And I still have a Jingle Bell prize for you...email where I should send it :)

Coy Martinez said...

Now you've got my interest up! I wanna check this out. Sounds almost like P90X.