Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Do You Sticker?

I was out running today & I was about 5 miles in & running through the corporate campus adjacent to my house when all of a sudden I hear (yes, I can hear with my headphones;-)) a car slow down beside me & this woman in a business suit starts yelling 'Keep going, Pick it up, You've got this!!!!' & Woohooing as she drives by.  As my mind is trying to process this odd occurrence.... 'do I know her?' & 'wth is going on?'...the car goes past me & it suddenly all makes sense because I see this:
Maybe I didn't know this woman but I guess we DO recognize our kind because I have to say that I Did pick it up and get a boost to my step in the middle of this long run.  I was out for 12. 

Can you tell where my cheering squad appeared?
Anyway, it was a glorious day today...sunny & 43F.  Once again, I feel the endorphins coursing through my veins & feel good about the world in general :-) So thanks, crazy running sticker lady....hope I see you running sometime!

Do you have a running sticker...I do!  I have never, ever put anything on my car in all my years of driving, but I earned my 26.2 & my car sports it with pride!

What is up with the place name stickers though? Is it bragging that you went on vacation & can put an OBX on your car?  Is there some secret code to figure out where you went? I have no idea what JI or HHI mean.  I don't get it.  I see tons of those around when I run.  Personally, I think it is weird...unless there is some hidden meaning to them that I don't understand. 

14 comments:

Holly said...

I bought my 26.2 and had it ready to put on my car the day after the Wineglass! It makes me smile every time I see it, and I am happy any time I see another car with a 26.2 or 13.1.

You crack me up about the other stickers. TOTALLY agree!

Kate Geisen said...

I have a 13.1 magnet on my fridge. I've never gotten around to getting my 26.2 sticker, and I really need to get on that bc I will wear it (on my car, but I do love my marathon shirt) proudly.

Jamie said...

I have a 13.1 sticker on my car and I can't wait to put my 26.2 sticker on it! Hopefully a 140.6 sticker in a few years!

Karin said...

Hey Little Miss Endorphin girl, I replied on my blog.... I should say, I meant to reply, and ended up just adding a comment. I'm not so good a the internet machine....

Keep on runnin'! It looks good on you!

PS. I'm coming down to see you and go to the water fall place close by. Get ready. I like having a butler and ironed sheets.

Jose said...

I can't wait 'til I earn my 26.2 sticker!! I'm going to sport it with pride!!!

Rene' said...

yes to the 26.2 sticker. i earned it and I sport it proudly. I also have an initial sticker on the back of my car. it is pink and fancy and I love it. (no vacation stickers, sometimes I have to come home and look the letters up.)

misszippy said...

I don't have a number sticker of any sort, but I do have a few running stickers plastered on my big 'ole minivan!

Nelly said...

lol, glad that that lady gave you some encouragement! I've had cars pull up alongside me and yell bad stuff at me instead of encouragement, haha I do have a 26.2 sticker on my car!

bobbi said...

I keep meaning to get a sticker - I love it when I see them on cars around town!

Coy Martinez said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about those HH stickers. I mean, where do they buy them when they're on vacation and who gives a shit about Hilton Head? Lets care about Kona, because THAT is a destination worth slapping on your car...as is 26.2 :)

I don't have a 26.2 sticker. I've just been too lazy to pick one up but I'm sure I will soon!

The Unexpected Runner said...

Yeah, Kona would be the only place name worthwhile...you going soon?????

Ransick said...

no stickers for me yet, but I haven't done a marathon or full Ironman yet either.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Got the sticker! Sometimes strangers notice and say something about it to me! I wish that driver lived in my neighborhood!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

That is so awesome! I've got a 26.2 and 70.3 sticker and they make me smile. I know most of the world has no clue what they mean but that is part of the fun.

I can't stand all the initial stickers. I have no idea why it annoys me so much.