Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The joys of youth...

So I came off nightshift today & needed to run the cobwebs off.  Also, had to get the 14 year old off his butt for a run.  He gave me a 5 minute headstart, caught me at 2.5 miles (he claims he got a 'cramp' or he would have caught me sooner) & finished 9 minutes ahead of me.  I booked it the whole time and clocked 10:18 miles.  He didn't even look tired....just a leisurely run with his old mum @ 8:08 miles.  He was a good sport about it. I've decided to continue to let him live in my house ;-D

3 comments:

5 Miles Past Empty said...

HA ha! That is so awesome!!! I can't wait until my little one is big enough to run with me!!!

Michael said...

Hi, just came across your blog. I consider myself the worlds slowest runner and triathlete. I would kill for a 10ish min mile - I'm closer to 11 to 12 ish.

The Unexpected Runner said...

Ha! I USUALLY run in the 11 range...I almost coughed up a lung for that 10:18. Don't worry Michael, I'll be hanging at the back of the pack with you :)

And Thanks for following my blog!